Like millions of tourists, you have decided to travel with your dog? Are you looking for a dog-friendly holiday destination ?
On this page you will find all the practical information you need to prepare your stay with your dog : accessible beaches, ideas for walks and activities and useful addresses.
We invite you to put your bags down in the Coeur de Nacre, in Normandy, on the D-Day Beaches.
The seaside resorts of Courseulles-sur-Mer, Bernières-sur-Mer, Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer, Langrune-sur-Mer and Luc-sur-Mer offer a lot of entertainment and beautiful walks for a successful holiday with your dog.
Accommodation, restaurants, dog-friendly activities… organising a holiday with your pet can be a real headache. That’s why we offer you this page, entirely dedicated to dog-friendly tourism!
The team of the tourist office is also at your disposal to help you in the preparation of your holidays.
The tourist advisors will tell you which service providers will welcome your four-legged friend.
Please note : in the tourist offices, a water bowl is available as well as doggy waste bags. And yes, because we remind you that every owner is obliged to pick up after their pet !
Where to walk on the beach with your dog ?
- Dog regulations on Normandy beaches
- Information subject to change by municipal decree.
From 1st April to 30th September : our dog friends are not allowed on the main beach.
They are only allowed off-leash on the beach located from the Rue des Champs Elysées (to the right of the first aid post n°2) at the rocks, Chemin du Corps de Garde.
From 15th June to 15th September: Dogs are not allowed on the beach. They are allowed on a lead on the high seawall.
From 16 Sept to 14 June: They are allowed on a lead at low tide, only on the wet sand.
From 1st July to 31st August, dogs are not allowed on the beach, in the bathing area delimited to the West by the Rue des Bains slipway and to the East by the Boulevard Maritime slipway.
Otherwise, they are allowed on the beach on a lead for the rest of the year.
During the summer season, you can walk your dog at the eastern end (to the right of the Boulevard Maritime) and the western end (to the left of Rue Canet) of the beach.
Dogs are allowed on a leash outside the supervised swimming areas (Cale du Platon to Place du Canada).
During the months of July and August, the presence of dogs or any other domestic animal is forbidden on the seawall between Place du Canada and the Platon cove and on the sandy strips in front of and behind the beach cabins.
Dogs can be walked on a lead from the Cap Fun campsite to the Cale du Platon in Bernières-sur-Mer all year round.
During the period from 15 June to 15 September, our friends are allowed to access the central and eastern beaches, as well as the dunes only before 11.30 am and after 6.30 pm. Outside of these periods they are allowed in all day.
All year round, dogs are allowed to walk in the town and on the dyke. (on the dyke, dogs must be kept on a lead).
Information subject to change by municipal decree.
Where can I walk my dog in the Coeur de Nacre parks ?
- Parc de l’Edit : dogs are allowed on a lead, but beware of the frequent passage of horses in the bridle path,
- Parc du Chant des Oiseaux : our four-legged friends are allowed on a lead,
- Juno Park : they are allowed but not in the bunkers.
Please note : the Juno Beach Centre is dog-friendly. You can take your dog inside the museum.
- Parc Pillier : dogs are allowed on a lead. Dog poop bags are available at the park entrances.
- Parc du Bois Joli : Access is permitted with a maximum 2m leash. The park is open from 9am to 5.30pm from 1 November to 31 March and from 9am to 9pm from 1 April to 31 October.
- Parc de la Baleine : Open from 9am to 6pm from 1 October to 31 March and from 9am to 7pm from 1 April to 31 September. There are bags for droppings at the entrance,
- Parc de Verdun : Open all year round from 8am to 7pm. Poop bags are also available at the entrance.
See in the section :
- Useful addresses for travelling with my dogTo travel with your dog in Normandy, on the Côte de Nacre, here is a list of contacts for vets, […]
- Dog-friendly accommodationThe tourist office team has made a list of member accommodation providers who accept dogs. A dog-friendly pictogram has been […]
- A walk with Constance’s dogI’m Constance and together with my dog Kenya, we would like to share with you our best ideas for walks […]