Do you have little ones in your family ? Are you staying in Normandy and looking for ideas for outings with the kids ?
Discover our suggestions, our good ideas and our activities for children under 4 years old in the Côte de Nacre and the surrounding area !
Playgrounds, parks, activities that can be understood by children… here are some ideas for a pleasant family holiday in Coeur de Nacre, in the heart of Normandy.
Try out the baby swimmer activity
Share a moment of complicity with your baby at the Aquanacre aquatic centre. From the age of 6 months, the youngest children can familiarise themselves with the water, which is heated to 32° for everyone’s comfort.
Aquanacre is the ideal place for children with its paddling pool, its indoor and outdoor play pools, and its water slides.
The Courseulles-sur-Mer swimming pool also has a paddling pool for children.
A Whale squeleton in Luc-sur-Mer
The 40-tonne and 19-metre long great whale washed up on the beach at Luc-sur-Mer. Its skeleton is on display in the beautiful park of the town hall. In this park, small children enjoy the playground, the farm animals and the free peacocks.
A former railway line linking Caen to the sea, the greenway from Luc-sur-Mer to Douvres-la-Délivrande follows the Capricieuse river.
It offers a beautiful 2.5 km itinerary accessible on foot, by bike, on a scooter or pushchair.
During this walk, meet the animals of the Capricieuse : sheep, goats, horses, donkeys… they like to be stroked. At the end of the green lane, an association dedicated to animals is run by Gérard and Michel, two kind retirees who love to talk about their animals.
Slides, swings, perched huts… there are several playgrounds for the little ones in Coeur de Nacre destination.
children’s playgrounds :
- Bernières-sur-Mer : Parc aménagé Berthélémy, rue Berthélémy,
- Courseulles-sur-Mer : le chant des Oiseaux, Quai Est, close to the port,
- Douvres-la-Délivrande : la Baronnie, 1 rue de la Baronnie et la Cour d’Yvrande, rue du général Leclerc,
- Langrune-sur-Mer : Parc Le Bois Joli, avenue de la Libération
- Luc-sur-Mer : Parc de la Baleine, rue de la Mer et Parc Verdun, 6 rue des Pommiers
- Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer : Parc Paul Hébré, 12 rue Maréchal Joffre et Parc Pillier, Avenue Roger,
- Reviers : rue du bout de Banville.
In summer, enjoy the children’s club on the beach at Courseulles-sur-Mer. Open every day in July and August from 10am to 6pm, from the age of 2, children can enjoy the facilities on site : bungee trampolines, inflatable structures, wooden games, fun activities… read more.
Le Paradis des Enfants in Courseulles-sur-Mer: this is one of the largest enclosed carousel-lounge in Europe, so you can enjoy this attraction in summer and winter.
After 15 months and 3,400 hours of hard work in his building in Dover, Eric Tabaud has been rewarded with this beautiful vintage carousel.
What will your child choose ? The plane ? The tiger ? The wooden horse ?
- During the school year: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays
- School holidays: every day
Fishing on foot
Amidst the algae, under the stones and in the small puddles, there is a multitude of small animals.
Even the smallest children can go fishing on foot and enjoy catching periwinkles, crabs, curlers and bouquet with their hands or with a landing net!
But be careful, before venturing out at low tide with children, a few rules are necessary:
- Check the tide schedule and the weather forecast,
- Equip your children well: boots, windbreaker, cap, net and bucket,
- Take a mobile phone with you (emergency number: 196),
- Tell someone close to you about your chosen fishing spot.
And don’t forget that sustainable and responsible fishing is regulated.
If your child doesn’t feel like fishing, land art can be a great fun activity on the beach. Some shells, a few sticks, small dry seaweed and let your child’s imagination run wild!
Put the little ones in the bicycle cart, and let’s go for a ride on the Calvados cycle paths !
Ask at the tourist office for the tourist map showing the routes of the greenways between land and sea.
Our recommendations for cycling with toddlers :
- the Vallon de la Capricieuse between Luc-sur-Mer and Douvres-la-Délivrande, safe and planted with trees, 5km return,
- the cycle path from Luc-sur-Mer to Lion-sur-Mer, which runs along the beach, 4km return,
- the walk from Bernières-sur-Mer to Courseulles-sur-Mer, to discover the beautiful Edit park 3km return
Credit : V. Rustuel-Calvados Attractivite
Form your teams and try out the two mini-golf courses, one in Luc-sur-Mer and the other in Courseulles-sur-Mer. from 3 or 4 years old.
This activity combines fun, concentration and reflection.
Tree adventure course
In Reviers, discover 6 adventure courses in the middle of a green forest. The “toddler” course, located at a height of 1.50 metres, allows children aged 3 and upwards to try out accrobranche in complete safety. 5€ discount in the morning (10am to 1.30pm).
Horse riding is a sport that is perfectly suited to children : learning to look after a pony, grooming it, stroking it, respecting its well-being…
The Coeur de Nacre riding centres located in Courseulles-sur-Mer, Bernières-sur-Mer and Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer offer hand-holding pony rides from the age of 4.