Place of worship and prayer since the 12th century. The current building, which replaced the Romanesque chapel (1150), was built between 1854 and 1895 in the neo-Gothic style, inspired by the 13th century by the Rouen architect Jacques Barthélémy. The basilica houses the statue of Notre-Dame la Délivrande. The Délivrande pilgrimage is the oldest in Normandy, following a pagan cult. In the Middle Ages, it was as famous as that of Mont-Saint Michel. A procession always takes place in August.
The first dated statue of Our Lady, dating from the Middle Ages, was destroyed by Protestants in 1561. The present stone statue is a black virgin which was donated in 1580 by Canon Legendre.
Free guided tours on Wednesdays in July and August and on request for groups all year round.