Do you like cycling in Normandy? Have you heard of Accueil Vélo? This national label guarantees you quality services adapted to your cycling trips.
This little green logo quickly identifies the approved facilities, located less than 5km from the cycle routes.
And it’s a good thing we have accommodation, museums and tourist offices in the Coeur de Nacre that have been awarded the Accueil Vélo label! Dear travellers, discover the services and small care that we bring to the cyclists.
The Juno Beach Center
Voie des Français Libres, Courseulles-sur-Mer
Located a few kilometres from the Vélomaritime, the only Canadian museum on the D-Day landing beaches is accessible to cyclists. Its car park offers :
- a bicycle shelter with 16 bicycle spaces,
- 6 charging points for electric bikes,
- 2 spaces for cargo bikes,
- 2 bicycle boxes,
- closed lockers,
- 1 repair station.
Committed to a global sustainable development project, the Canadian museum has set itself the goal of reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 5% per year by 2050. Attracting more and more bicycle tourists is therefore a priority, which is reflected in the provision of reception equipment :
- bicycle racks,
- access to toilets and water points,
- rest areas,
- drink and snack machines,
- free brochures,
- and of course the warm and human welcome of our Canadian friends !
Good to know: Visitors travelling by train or by bike benefit from a preferential low-carbon rate, which can be up to 33% off.
Credit : les Valises de Sarah
Radar 44 museum
Just a stone’s throw from the coast, this authentic radar station on the D-Day landing beaches offers a range of services for cycling friends :
- bike racks,
- the possibility of leaving your belongings and helmets at the reception desk for the duration of your visit,
- individual bottles of warm or cold water at the reception desk,
- a portable compressor to re-inflate your tyres,
- small tools for small repairs,
- recharging of your batteries for your bicycle or telephone,
- a picnic area with several tables,
- maps of the cycle routes
Rue de Verdun, place du Canada, Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer
For cycling guests, the hotel provides :
- a space to park bicycles in complete safety,
- a repair kit,
- a water jet for washing equipment,
- the possibility of washing clothes.
Clos Normand hotel
89 rue Pasteur, Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer
In order to welcome cycling guests for a successful holiday, the recently renovated hotel provides :
- a covered and secure bicycle shed,
- electric battery recharging,
- bike maps and a QR code to prepare your cycling route,
- washing and drying facilities.
Maison de Nacre guest house
This guest house is ideally located at the foot of the cycle path that links Caen to the sea. For your comfort, Mme Blin provides cyclists with :
- Secure space to park bikes,
- Repair kit,
- Water jet for washing equipment,
- Possibility of recharging the batteries of the bikes,
- Bike documentation.
Courseulles-sur-Mer tourist office, 5 rue du 11 novembre
Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer tourist office, 1 rue Pasteur
Mission and services :
- To promote the service providers marked “Accueil Vélo”,
- Fill your water bottles,
- Recharge your mobile phones, batteries for bicycles, GPS and tablets,
- Provide you with a repair kit,
And also provide the free Calvados bicycle map :